Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

For Memorial Day, Justin took Brice to see his great-grandfather's head stone. This is Larry's dad who is buried in Gainesville, one exit away from where we live. Justin said Brice wasn't sure of the whole process at first but then after cleaning up the head stone and placing the flag and a yellow flower by it, he didn't want to leave. They sat on the sidewalk and just talked. Cary, as everyone called him wasn't killed in WWII but was shot while in Germany. Thank you to him and all the others who served and are serving for our country and our freedom!!!



I think Cary would be proud of this picture, don't you??

1 comment:

Pa said...

I was very touched when I first saw these pictures yesterday. It was great of Justin to take Brice to visit my Dad's grave, but seeing the picture of Brice putting the flag in the ground next to his headstone was something I'll always remember. My Dad would indeed be proud. Brice is a very special little guy.

Background