Monday, September 12, 2011

Anna's First Day and Other Funnies


Last Tuesday was Anna's First Day of school.  She did very very well considering the life change we've had here.  She of course wanted to wear her "Cindegrella" shirt to show Miss Mary.  I don't know why she calls her "Cindergrella" but it is so cute and I don't care if she calls her that always!  Anyway, I was so proud of what a big girl she was and how she just hopped out of the car and walked right in after a wave and smile goodbye.  On Thursday, she was a little hesitant about leaving me but by the time we got to carpool, she was asking where the teachers were and when they were going to come get her.  Here's to a fabulous year of preschool.

Anna is very witty and says some very funny things.  On Saturday, Justin took Brice to the Georgia game and Anna and Kyle cheered on the Dawgs here at home with me.  I told Anna we had to watch the football game and that it was where Daddy and Brice were going.  She was interested after she knew that they were there.  Every time the crowd was scanned by the camera, she would say to me, "I just saw Bwice!" which I knew wasn't true because Justin scored some awesome seats on the club level.  Throughout the game, she had me laughing with her comments.

Upon seeing the cheerleaders, she commented, "Are they going swimming because those look like their swimsuits!".  Maybe they need to rethink the uniforms!

Then, Russ (Uga's sub) was on TV, sleeping as usual and Anna says, "Why isn't he woofin'?".

And, my favorite was when they showed the Gamecocks mascot, and she looks at the TV and says, "Hey, mom, look at that chicken!".  Very good, Anna, they are chickens!!!  She rooted on her Bulldawgs with several "Go Dawgs!" and asking if the team was "going".  I think her blood is turning red and black!

So, then Sunday night we are at dinner and someone (who will not be named but let's be serious we all know who it was) lets one slip.  Anna looks up from her plate and says, "Was that you or me, Brice?".  I just died laughing.  It was like being in a nursing home with an old couple who can't even hear themselves fart anymore!

And the last funny out of her mouth for the weekend was Sunday evening.  She always waits to do her business until AFTER I've put her in the bed.  It's a great excuse to get out of bed and come see what the rest of us are doing.  Anyway, true to form, she comes down the steps and says she needs to go potty so I help her get situated and leave her be.  A few minutes later I hear, "I need help."  So, I go in there to see what she needs and she tells me she needs help getting her poop out.  I told her I couldn't really help her and she would just need to sit a bit longer and maybe things would happen.  I leave.  A few more minutes go by and then I walk by the bathroom door and hear her say, "I can't get this poop out, I need a policeman to come and help me."  Okay, I'm sorry this is all about the bathroom but this was so funny I could hardly stand up.  Where does my dainty little girl come up with this stuff!?  And, if you know a police officer, tell him he needs to add this to his job description!

1 comment:

Christie said...

I can't stop laughing at all her comments! The fart comment made me laugh when Justin posted it on Facebook, and now the police man thing! She's too funny!

Background