Saturday, March 31, 2012

Monthly Upd8..

Today, Kyle is 8 months old.  Our little guy has really started to show his personality.  He is quite a mix between wanting to be independent and wanting to be the baby brother that everyone dotes on.  For example...

About two weeks ago, he decided he had had enough of twirling around on his belly and really started becoming determined on crawling.  We worked with him quite a bit, helping him get his legs up underneath him and then showing him that if he "fell" forward, he would get somewhere.  I found him in his crib several times rocking on all fours and this past week he put it all together with moving his arms and legs in synchrony.  The boy done figured it out...he's a crawler!!  He will now see a toy and get up on all fours and go get it...unless...he is a tad sleepy or someone is sitting right there, then he whimpers to see who might come help him out.  And, someone usually does.  Little brother...

He now loves to feed himself.  He only wants us to break up food for him so he can stuff it in.  I have to sneak in bites of baby food.  Kyle will let you know if he doesn't like the taste of something too.  The other night, he was not enjoying his food and he was getting so mad and bearing down to grunt at me so hard, his face was literally purple.  Justin thought this was hilarious but I was seriously concerned he was going to bust a blood vessel!  The little guy was just trying to communicate with us!  After that I broke up some bread and cheese and put it on his tray and he was as sweet as could be.  Of course, the whimpering began when he got full and didn't want to have his face wiped off.

Kyle is so funny, he makes this sniffing noise and scrunches up his nose while he's eating.  Brice used to do this when he was a little bit older than Kyle is now.  Kyle will play peek-a-boo with his bib, burp cloth or anything he can hide his face with.  His new trick is holding his right wrist with his left hand and then waving at you.  It's so funny to watch because he is so proud of himself!  I also took a video of him twirling his wrists and ankles while he eats.  I have never seen a baby do this and I don't know how he does it because after a few twirls myself, my wrists get sore.

He is
-sleeping 11-12 hours at night
-taking two naps a day, usually 1.5-2 hours each, sometimes he will sleep for 3 hours and I have to wake him up
-sleeping in the lowered crib, sniff, sniff
-eating four bottles a day, our goal is to get 20 oz. in him but I usually can only get about 16 or 17.
-eating breakfast, lunch and dinner ( loves his fruits and veggies, bread, cheese, black beans, puffs, Cheerios)
-drinking from a sippy cup but I wouldn't say has perfectly mastered it yet.  Again, this is something he WANTS to do independently but is happy to let me hold the cup for him.
-will shake and jump in the exersaucer to the point that I think it's going to tip over!
-going through MAJOR separation anxiety.  I cannot walk across the room to get something without him crying.  At first, very cute, now, not so much.
-the snuggliest little thing and will literally hug your neck with his cheek up to yours.
-my only baby that will fall asleep in my arms while I give him his night time bottle.  He doesn't do it every night, only if he is super tired.  It's so sweet.
-wearing 12 and 18 month clothes!

Okay, I could go on and on with this Monthly Upd8.  But, I won't.  You get it.  We love him.  I don't want him to get bigger.  He adores Brice and Anna.  We all adore him.






No comments:

Background