Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Last Days of Summer

While the "big kids" have gone back to school already, we have still been enjoying the summer time. We've been to the pool a couple of times since last week and we've pretty much had the pool to ourselves. It's been nice. While I'm ready for Brice to be back in school for his own boredom, I am anxious about it. After all, three out of four of us all had a cold after just six days of camp. Anna ended up on antibiotics for an ear infection. I know this is the beginning of a long winter! Emotionally, if not physically. I do not want Anna to be 1, but I am ready to put a "new" holiday season behind us, if you know what I mean. I am pretty much dreading the Christmas season, if I'm being honest with myself. The time change, the weather, the decorations will all bring hard memories for me. Anna is bigger and stronger, I know this but it will just be good to get through the same time period. I know she and Brice will be sick and my anxiety will soar but just as God healed the last time, He will heal again. And I know worrying will bring my heart no good, so I will pray through it, just as I did last time. Until then, I will enjoy the "last days of summer". On Thursday I head to New York City with Mom and Blaire and then I return Sunday to repack and head to the beach the following day. Not sure if I'm taking my computer with me, so this may be my last post for some time. Enjoy a break from my blogging!

The Pool...


Chewing on Carly...

Play-Doh on the deck...can't you just smell it?




I love this kid's freckles...


Pretending to eat the Play-Doh...

Anna's new trick...


Puzzles with Aunt Deb...

I LOVE SUMMER!

No comments:

Background