Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cast and Crew

Can't believe my last post was almost two weeks ago, eek!  There are always post ideas floating around in my head but then when I sit down to type them out, they have either left my head or I'm too tired to put forth the effort.  Sad, but true.  I seem to be tired all the time.  All three kids can't sleep all night long or past 7 on the same morning.  We just bought Anna a clock so I'm going to work on getting her to recognize the numbers on the clock and hopefully that will help keep her in her room longer.  Although, I am skeptical because she just likes to be reassured that the whole family hasn't up and left her.  She is the lightest sleeper and will wake with just the slightest noise.  I have tried using a sound machine in her room but she doesn't like it on so...

Anyway, Anna's sleep habits could be a post on their own.  I was thinking the other day that I always post on the events of our life but not the day to day goings on here at the house.  I know I am going to remember the big events, the Christmas mornings, the baptisms but what I will WANT to remember and might not are the little things that the kids do and say on an everyday basis.  Such as right this second, Brice is throwing a ball against the fridge giving me five million reasons that he can't go do something productive and that I haven't "played" with him in three days.  He is also asking for hot chocolate and Anna is asking for more "pink chocolate milk" as if I haven't fed them breakfast.  It's ten til nine, they've had their breakfast.  I will do a post on our day to day activities soon I hope.

What I wanted to write about today was Anna and her fascination with "being" different characters.  She loves to pretend and Brice did too at this age.  Right now she loves any female character and like Brice said the other day, "Of course, you are always the MAIN character."!!  Not only is she the main character of the family but she assigns us supporting roles.  So, without further ado, here is the Cast and Crew of the Reynolds family in different stories...

Mary Poppins
Mary Poppins-Anna
Bert-Daddy
Michael-Brice
The mom-Mommy
one of the penguins-Kyle

Here she is dressed as Mary Poppins in the white and red dress when they ride the horses.  She has informed me that she wants to be Mary Poppins for Halloween.  Yes, it's January.

Beauty and the Beast
Belle-Anna
Beast-Daddy
Lumiere (the candlestick)-Brice
Wardrobe-Mommy
Cogsworth (the clock)-Kyle

Alice in Wonderland
Alice-Anna
Mad Hatter-Daddy
Rabbit-Brice
Queen of Hearts-Mommy
Caterpillar-Kyle (pretty sure that Kyle fits this description as he is very mellow as if he had been eating shrooms!  Praying this never happens in real life.)

Her Christmas dress is her Alice in Wonderland dress with the black shoes.

Doodlebops (our least favorite, if you have ever seen this show, you know why)
Deedee-Anna
Rooney-Daddy (poor Justin)
Moe-Brice
Maz-Mommy
Moose-Kyle


She LOVES this outfit and being Deedee Doodle.  It is sort of like her ballerina shirts last year...need I say more??

She also like to be Minnie Mouse, Cinderella, Rapunzel, etc, etc.  When she is pretending to be these characters, she likes us to call her by the name.  Every so often I will refer to her as whomever and she will say, "No, I'm just Anna."  Thank goodness she knows the difference between reality and fantasy.  Sometimes, I wonder!

No comments:

Background