Friday, March 29, 2013

Neighborhood "Hunt"

Every year our neighborhood has an Easter egg hunt along with a petting zoo, an Easter parade, the Easter bunny and face painting.  We have had cold weather in the past but I don't think we've ever had cold AND raining.  Anna knew this was coming up last weekend and so she was so excited to go.  In other words, there was no way out of it for us.  I probably could have talked Brice out of it (he claims this was his last year doing the hunt either way) but not Anna.  She had gone with me to drop off the eggs so she was going to get some back!  The day before the scheduled event we all knew it was going to rain so the neighborhood sent out an email saying it was going to be inside our clubhouse and that we could have our kids sit on the Easter bunny's lap (not no, but Hell No!  Are Easter Bunnies not creepy??!) and then they could receive a package of eggs.

So, I got the kids all dressed and we headed to the clubhouse.  The animals were outside and I think that was the kids' favorite part.  Kyle LOVED saying "bunny" over and over again and then when we were leaving he waved and said, "Bye bunny"...that was the cutest part of the whole morning.

 This is when we first arrived and we were checking out all the animals:  bunnies, goats, ducks, a piglet, pretty cute and Kyle even pet a baby bunny!
 Anna was not too happy with me in the below picture.  I had just told her that there was no "hunt" due to the weather.  She just gave the Easter Bunny a high five and received some eggs.  She wanted to know when she was going to get to hunt the eggs.

Kyle was all about some popcorn.  I had to take it away from him.

Anna recovered and decided to find a corner so we could open her eggs and she what was in them.
 She also decided she would pose for a picture with this blow up bunny who wasn't so scary looking.
Overall, it was a fun morning and I was glad I took the kids so that we got out of the house.  The weather here has been less than desirable, cold, rainy and very windy.  We are very ready for real spring and to celebrate Easter!!!  My favorite holiday!  Hope you all have a wonderful Easter!!

No comments:

Background