Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Frenzy

Last night I wandered into the kitchen to get a drink of water. I glanced over at my computer and saw this...

My heart skipped a nervous beat. You may be thinking I am referring to the LOFT magazine. No, in fact the LOFT warms my heart. Clothes that fit and in styles I like, what could be better?

No, my eyes went to the ornaments gracing the cover of the Crate & Barrel catalog. It was the ornaments that got me. I suddenly felt myself in the middle of the frenzy of Christmas shopping. Not being able to find what I wanted to gift someone. Standing in the lines, with an 11 month old, crying with snot running out of her nose because Mommy just HAD to go shopping instead of letting her nap. Not getting all the decorations up, not getting everything wrapped and the thought that I was scheduled to work on Christmas Day. I quickly let the feeling pass and told myself there is plenty of time. Plenty of time to feed the frenzy. Is it upon us already?

No comments:

Background