Saturday, April 23, 2011

Big Girl Bed Love

Friday morning was the last morning I will ever see this...


Late Friday afternoon my parents met Justin at Sam's to pick up some new mattresses and then put together Anna's new room.  We have been talking it up and she has been wanting to sleep in a big bed so I, especially, was very excited to receive the furniture.  The delivery is a story in and of itself.  (In short, I arranged for it to be delivered Friday between 10 and 12 and it arrived Thursday between 10 and 12.  They didn't knock or anything.  Just dropped it off on the driveway.  I wasn't home.  Justin was but again had no idea that they had delivered it!)  Back to Friday..."the boys" (Justin, my dad and Brice) began working around 3:30pm and didn't stop until probably 8pm that night.  To say Anna was excited is an understatement.  She wanted to be right there in the action watching it all happen.  See?


While they brought the box springs and mattress up, she stood on the catwalk and watched them bring it in the front door and then sneaked by them into her room so she could "supervise"!  As soon as the box springs were in the frame, she wanted up.  I let her stand on it for a minute and then told her we had to get out of the way for the mattress.  After the bed was made, oh man, the Big Girl Bed Love abounded...

 jumping
 kicking
pretending to sleep.

My mom stayed home with her while Justin and I took Brice to his baseball game so my mom put her to bed.   She did great, same routine as the crib and we didn't see her until we went in this morning.  She was just laying in her bed relaxing with her dolls and books.  She played in her new room most of the day and we are all in love with it.

Yes, Thursday night I cried when putting her to bed.  The glider is no longer in the room and I knew that would be the toughest part.  Rocking her for the last time in the same spot where I rocked her the night she stopped breathing.  I looked around the room and took it all in one last time.  I am so happy that she feels settled in her new room.  It settles my heart.  We have accomplished a lot this weekend thanks to Justin and my parents and I feel like a big part of my nesting is complete.  Hoping she continues to flourish in this room...




5 comments:

Janna said...

so sweet...don't be sad...soon you will have a new little cuddly one to rock to sleep :)

Aunt Blaire said...

Such a cute room! I love it!

Katie and Dave said...

the room is ADORABLE.
I totally feel your sadness....I am going to need some drugs when we finally have to get rid of the crib in our house....

Kelly said...

Can I have a room like that? I love it! So pink and colorful. No wonder she loves it!

Anonymous said...

Bet she can't wait for daddy to join her so she can fuck him til her sprays jiz on her back and ass

Background