Tuesday, May 8, 2012

9 Months

Honestly, where is the time going?  Kyle turned nine months on April 30th and I am just wondering if that month went a little quicker than the previous four.  I feel like he was just five months old for some reason and here we are closing in on a year.  I can't really take it.  Every night when I put him to bed I want to cry remembering where we were last year with so much anticipation for him to arrive.  My last baby, sighhhh. You are probably thinking, if it's that bad, just have another one.  Ummm, no.  I already have major guilt that I don't spend enough time with each of my kids individually, not to mention I spent over an hour and a half the other day switching car seats around and about died of heat exhaustion.  And, those are the last car seats I am purchasing. Period. End of story.

So, back to the purpose of this post.  Our little man is so much fun!!  He is crawling everywhere and pulling up constantly.  He has pulled one of the little chairs that go to our kids' table over on himself three times.  He loves to "wrestle" with Justin and "attack" Brice.  He has taken great strides in trying to turn Anna's world upside down by getting into "her stuff".  Anna is getting much better about relaxing regarding this and has taken much more interest in him thank goodness.  Kyle still loves to eat and feed himself and it shows.  The child could use a bath after each meal because he loves to run his fingers through his hair during mealtime.  We have also noticed that he uses his left hand predominantly.  I know it is WAY too early to tell but I think we may have a southpaw on our hands!  Kyle takes two naps a day which usually last 1.5-2 hours each and then sleeps for about 12 hours at night.  He continues to be the best baby in regards to just going with the flow and adapting to the situation he is placed in.  He babbles all day long with "ba, ba, ba" and "da, da, da" as well as blowing raspberries.  He loves to bang on his tray and anything he pulls up on.  We used to call Brice "Bam-Bam" from the Flintstones and Kyle is much the same.  Kyle loves celing fans and will look at the nearest light fixture when you ask him.  He will look to all the correct family members when asked.  He still sucks his left middle finger when tired, hungry or unsure of something and remains our best cuddler, usually with finger in mouth.  He wears almost all 18 month clothes.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I took him last Tuesday for his well visit and he was...

21 lbs, 11oz (69%) and 30 inches long (93%) so I am going to have to get used to spending my days in the kitchen.  Brice was four ounces heavier and the same length at nine months.  Big boys.

So, that is a little update on Kyle in words, here he is in pictures...

 Loves to watch through the window!  He will bang on the window to say "hello"!
And, Bam-Bam in action...

2 comments:

Katie and Dave said...

So sweet... I can't believe how fast this time has gone. I love reading your posts because I feel so very very the same way.

Kelly said...

I seriously can't believe it's been 9 months either. I feel like he was just here. He is too cute and such a good baby. I love the video and Brice's dancing in the background. :-)

Background