Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day Bonnet/Mary Poppins

Here is the bonnet that Anna made me for Mother's Day...

After I took it home, I told her that it looked like Mary Poppins hat when they pop into the chalk picture, which she has been obsessed with...I got it on Netflix a while back.  Then, for Easter, Nana and Pa bought her the DVD.  She LOVES it!  For a while she had decided she would be Mary Poppins for next Halloween.  She is now planning on being Snow White so we'll see how many times it changes between now and then.  Back to the story though.  Anna decided that she now needed the hat so that she could be Mary Poppins.  Here is the result...



All she needs is Dick Van Dyke and she's Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!
I will also say on this post that Anna is quite different at school than she is at home.  I had her teacher conference back in the beginning of May and I could hardly believe my ears.  Ms. Mary told me that Anna is quiet, she does not like when they sing super loud in Chapel, she doesn't always like to participate in dancing and get this...she DOESN'T like to be the center of attention.  I seriously thought Ms. Mary was talking about a different child.  Meanwhile, at home, she is the star with all her singing, dancing and parading around.  Justin was kind of relieved thinking that we were sending her to school as this wild child and that she would be the class clown.  Instead, Anna had a wonderful school year and had no problem mastering the skills of a 3 year old.  To our delight, she is well behaved and a "very good friend to others".  Now only if she could snap her fingers and make her clothes fold themselves!

1 comment:

Janna said...

too precious for words.....

Background