Wednesday, August 7, 2013

To My THIRD Grader

Brice,
You just left for school on your first day of third grade.  You are starting at Buford this year and I am so excited for you as well as nervous.  I know you are super nervous too and told you last night that all you have to do is take a deep breath and say a little prayer to calm your nerves when you feel like it's too much.  I hope you remember to do this throughout the day.  Switching schools was a big decision for all of us and one that had me praying everyday for you.  I do hope we made the right decision and that God lets us know quickly if it was the thing to do.  At Open House, I felt as though you are going to be a great fit at Buford so I do hope it comes "easy" to you.  While I am nervous for you, I am also a little sad that you are already in THIRD grade!!!  What in the world?!  I remember third grade so very well and enjoyed it so much.  I hope the same holds true for you, one because you MY kid and two, because you are awesome. :)

I feel like we had a wonderful summer and know now that school has started, the year will fly by.  I really don't want that to happen but there is nothing I can do about it.  You spent the summer kicking butt on swim team, doing beautifully on your All-Star team, playing with your siblings, enjoying Cub Scout camp and relishing every moment at the beach.  You also got to take a trip with Grandma and Grandad to Ruby Falls and were a huge help to me with Anna and Kyle.  I sure hope you think you had a great summer.

I love you so much, kid and can't wait to hear what you think after your first day.  I will be praying for you and all your new friends and teachers today (while I do laundry and keep Kyle alive and Anna entertained).

So proud of you,
Mom

No comments:

Background