Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

I know it's already Wednesday and I haven't even blogged about the weekend.  We have been going full steam ahead with after school activities overlapping.  We are riding out the end of baseball season and Brice has decided to do swim team this year so we've started indoor practice.  Combine that with holidays, graduation, teacher appreciation week and what not and this month is crazy.  I have until May 22nd off of work so that is nice to not have to worry about.  I am calling it my May-cation.  I was a bad mom and didn't take my camera to either of my kids' Muffins with Moms.  Needless to say, we are all very tired around here when 7pm rolls around.  I didn't ask for anything for Mother's Day.  I just enjoy seeing the kids faces when they bring me the card they made or the flowers they picked out at the store.  Justin got up with the kids Sunday and cleaned the downstairs.  I laid in bed awake just listening to Anna's little voice and Brice telling her a million times to "be quiet, Mom's sleeping" and her responding "No, I want to be loudy.".  Justin then intervened and she decided to yell at him which caused a time-out for Ms. Thang!  I decided to go ahead and get up at that point and then Justin took the kids to Starbucks for my favorite white chocolate mocha.  Yum.

We ended the day by going to my mom and dad's for a short visit and then to the Reynolds's to celebrate with Justin's mom, Larry's mom and Robin's mom.  Poor Kelly was and still is under the weather and didn't want to spread her germs.  I did bring my camera but didn't take one picture.  Sorry!

I have been trying to think of something really meaningful and tear-jerking to blog about but I'm just not coming up with anything profound.  I am proud to be a mommy.  It is exhausting from Day 1, physically, emotionally, and mentally.  I look at other moms and wonder how they do it and do it well.  Everybody's "mom situation" is different and we all do what we can and take what God gives us. 

I was reminded again just how very blessed I am on Saturday.  As most of you know I volunteer for the foundation that was started in honor of a little girl I took care of in the NICU.  Zoe Rose Memorial Foundation.  On Saturday, they held their third annual golf tournament in order to raise money for the foundation.  This year, Keira, Zoe's mom, wanted to have an isolette there with a doll inside in order to show the golfers just what it is like to live the life of a NICU parent.  She asked me to see what I could do in order to have the real life experience in the golf club.  With lots of emails and phone calls, this is what the result was:


  How did I do?  Minus a few other huge machines that seem to dwarf a premature baby even more, this is what those families look at for sometimes months at a time.  A few of the other volunteers there are moms to preemie graduates and they all said they had chills looking at this again and re-living the NICU experience.  The golf tournament was a success this year and we hope to have even more come out and play next year.  You can visit the link on the left to read more about Zoe Rose.

When I arrived home from the tournament I went upstairs to rest for a few minutes before Brice's baseball game.  Anna woke up shortly after I laid down and was talking to Brice and Justin.  That little girl ran into my room with her arms above her ahead and a big smile on her face, "Mommy's home now!".  She quickly climbed up onto the bed and into my arms.  She took my face in her hands and said, "We got you fwowers.  I got you pink ones and Bwice got you wed ones!".  That was the best memory right there!!!  Justin and Brice were both a little bummed that she had spilled the beans but Brice quickly ran to where he had hid them and brought them in.  They both picked out the flowers by themselves and both so perfectly reflect each child.  Three red roses from Brice-neat, fresh, simple.  And a bouqet of pink wild flowers from Anna-colorful, bright, and slightly wild!



Hope your Mother's Day Weekend was as blessed as mine!!

No comments:

Background