Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Sledding"

I use the quotation marks because let's all be honest, this is not true sledding.  Even though most of the state has sheets of ice for roads, streets and driveways, here in Flowery Branch our driveways only got a dusting.  I have seen videos of people's houses a county away that are really sledding down their entire street.  I am bummed for my kids because they would have loved that!  We just down "do snow" here in the South.  I have one pair of snow bibs that would fit Anna but "I don't wear overalls, Mom."  Well, excuse me girlfriend.  If she only knew the benefits!  I have one pair of waterproof gloves.  The kids have nice heavy coats, warm but not waterproof gloves but that's about it.  For those of you who follow this blog and don't live in Georgia, you have seen the news by now and what a disaster this city has endured the past 24 hours.  Justin's poor dad walked for three miles home after being in the car stuck for 6+ hours...misery.  We are so thankful he did what he needed to do to get through it mentally.  Please continue to pray for those who are stranded or have yet to see their families since leaving for work or school yesterday morning.  And, of course for the medical personnel, and service workers who still have hours and hours ahead of them.  Thank you, Jesus, we were all home and together and warm!

No comments:

Background