Saturday, April 18, 2015

Brice Turns 10

It is very, very hard for me to believe that I have a ten year old. I, of course, clearly remember being ten myself. And, not only being ten, but turning ten. I had wanted my ears pierced so badly and mom had said I needed to wait until I was 13. Somehow, I was able to talk her into my 10th birthday and you better believe on July 2, 1989, we were at the mall getting my ears pierced! I even remember what I wore!

So, I wanted Brice's birthday to be fun for him despite the nasty weather coming in. We knew well in advance that he would be off of school that day for President's Day. I thought that was pretty cool given that 2 out of 3 of my children will most likely always have school on their birthdays. Brice chose to have three friends come over and Justin took them all to the Georgia/Auburn basketball game. The boys had a blast but Justin was ready for a little down time when he got home! This was on Valentine's Day, which was a Saturday so then two of the boys spent the night. We had cookie cake and pizza when they got home and then the boys got really loud in the basement making up some basketball game. Kyle loved every minute of hanging out with his big brother and friends!


 Anna's sweet card that she made for Brice, back in January, well before February 16th! Love that girl and love that she adores her big brother. He truly is a wonderful individual who cares for her and Kyle so much.
 We took him to The Cheesecake Factory on the 16th to celebrate the big day!
Brice, I love you so much and am so thankful that you made me a mommy ten years ago. You have blessed your Dad and I with so much joy. We have enjoyed watching you grow into a fine young man and pray that you continue to live with the integrity you are already. Happy 10th Birthday!!!

No comments:

Background