Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Easter Parties and Good Friday

This year as we all know, Easter fell on the first Sunday of Spring Break. This meant that school parties were the last days before spring break which makes for a busy schedule. Anna and Brice also had Arts Night at their schools during the week. Anyway, I won't go into detail but I had to be very on top of things to make it all happen.

Kyle's party was on Thursday.


 "I WANT TO GO HUNT EGGS!!!" He was ready to go despite the rainy cold weather.
 He found all 12 eggs (yes, they each get 12 because that is "fair", no losers in this generation...are you sensing my sarcasm??) within two minutes and then just walked around...
That evening was Anna's Arts Night where they had lots of art work on display as well as a little performance prepared for us. The theme was "jungle" or "Wild About Learning" so Anna wanted to dress as a jungle animal. Luckily, she was in the front row so we could see her because her last performance we didn't even get to see her because her class was stuck in the back corner of the stage.

 I love the picture below because this is what she does when she gets nervous...puts her tongue in her cheek or bottom lip. Brice ran up to take her picture and I guess she realized that we then knew where she was in the group! Kindergarteners signing is so sweet to me and usually very entertaining!

The next day was Good Friday and Kyle was out of school. Blaire and Josh and Christian had come into town so Blaire, Christian, Mom and Kyle and I met up at one of the parks. We were one of two parties there, I couldn't believe it. The boys had a fun time together, even if Kyle has trouble saying "Christian" (he has a Tristan in his class and I think he was confusing the two), so he calls Christian, "Aunt Blaire's baby boy".




After we played and had lunch, then Kyle and I headed over to Anna's school for her egg hunt. They walked all the Kindergarten classes down to the baseball fields and it was a hike for all of those little legs. Plus, it had warmed up quite a bit by 1pm so Kyle and were very warm!


 My crazy girl...I fear the teenage years, greatly. She was so excited to get not one but two prize eggs, although again, no losers, so they all ended up getting at least one and were able to pick a prize.
And, the next day we left for the beach!!! And Easter...more to come.

No comments:

Background