Friday, April 17, 2015

The Sickies

There has been a reason for my lack of posting over the last several months and that includes my kids being sick. Mainly, Kyle. And, I'm talking every two weeks...ear infections, stomach bugs, a virus that I thought was the flu, strep throat. Anna and I have also both had the stomach bug as well, she had it three times and I had it twice. This winter has been no joke. I was seriously beginning to worry about Kyle, as in considering having blood work done or something. It all started when we went to Charlotte to see Blaire and Josh and Christian after Christmas. We weren't even there for 24 hours because Kyle woke up vomiting the first night. It has just been rough and now I am so thankful we are into spring!!! I am praying after the pollen falls, we will all be free of sniffles and sick germs!  And, to see his face, was just pitiful.  See what I mean?




So, as if Kyle wasn't already REALLY attached to me, being sick made him even more so. And, on the days he was well, he still wants to be right next to me!

We also got to deal with some pretty icy weather here in Atlanta, twice. Luckily, we were only negatively affected one time and lost power for about 36 hours. I ended up taking the kids to my parents' house for one night. The first morning we woke up without heat, we tried to make the best of it. We still had our gas stove to use, so I made bacon and eggs and pancakes while bundled up. The remainder of the day, I stayed on the couch under blankets.

 The kids didn't seem to notice or mind the cold and continued acting like the crazies they are. Then, I decided we couldn't sit in the cold house anymore and we went bowling and out to eat. Pretty sure that is where Kyle got strep throat. So, you know, confirmed my fear of leaving the house in the winter even more. Ugh. These cold snaps happened right around Brice's TENTH birthday which I will blog about next!

P.S. All of these pictures are from my phone because we both know I did not have the energy to pull out the real camera during this time! But, I am kind of liking this way better so, we shall see!

No comments:

Background