Sunday, February 27, 2011

17 weeks

 These pictures were actually taken at 16 and 2 days but you get the picture.
I am stealing this little pregnancy quiz from "On Golden Pond" who also stole it from another blog but thought it would give you a good synopsis of how things are going so far...

How far along are you? 17 weeks today.  Sunday is my "flip" day just as it was with Brice.

How big is baby?  According to babycenter.com about as big as a turnip (5 inches head to rump)

Maternity clothes?  It's official today I have both maternity pants and a shirt on.  Last Sat. I started wearing maternity shirts with a bigger pair of jeans I had bought post-partum with Anna and then today is my first pair of pants.  I was trying to hold out because as we all know we get soooo tired of maternity clothes by the end!

Weight Loss or Gain?  I have never lost weight in my pregnancies.  I believe I have gained about seven pounds but go to the doctor on Tues.

Stretch Marks?  Yes.  Brice's pregnancy blessed me with about four or five just over my belly button when I hit 38 weeks.  Anna's pregnancy added a few more in the same spot so I'll expect a few more "souvenirs" from this pregnancy as well.

Sleep?  I have always slept well during my pregnancies.  I love sleep.

Any movement?  Yes!  Started feeling flutters about two weeks ago.  Very reassuring.

Food Cravings?  As with all my pregnancies, cheese. Oh, and Cool Ranch Doritos

Food Aversions?  Just depends on the day.  At the beginning of this pregnancy, I would think I would want something, make it and take one bite and want to run to the toilet.  This pregnancy has been the oddest so far as far as my tastes go.

Gender?  Hmmmmmm........first 10 weeks would have put money on boy.  Week 11 hit and I switched gears to girl....now I am more back to boy but the Chinese calendar says girl and it has been right with my other two.

Belly button..in or out?  Right now it is kind of half way in between.

What do you miss?  adult beverages, there are some nights, I would love to just take the edge off!

What are you looking forward to?  finding out the gender March 24th!  And, decorating Anna's new room as well as some spring/summer clothes shopping for the kids.

What was the BEST part of this week?  Getting the dryer fixed!  Sad, but true.  I need my dryer and washer when I have a little girl potty training and a runny nose.

What was the WORST part of this week?  Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were stressful with a combination of things going on...broken dryer, Anna peeing in her pants all morning for Justin while I was at a class, a little bit of spotting (which has now resolved, thankfully), and Anna coming down with yet another cold.

Weekly Wisdom?  this is kind of a big question but I guess like Justin always tells me, "it's your attitude that makes the difference.  Is it going to be a great day?  Maybe not but if you say it is going to be one, then it just might turn out better than you expect."  All of these stresses are little stresses in life and I would pick my "baggage" over others any day of the week!

Milestones?  Can't think of any for me but Anna pooped in the potty for the first time today and THAT my friends is huge!!!!  Some of you may know what we went through with Brice and this situation so I am praying that we have accomplished something major here and she will not turn back.

3 comments:

whitneygolden said...

Enjoyed the quiz and you look great! Also, I happened to notice that Anna will be 2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days old tomorrow!

Kelly said...

I would have said boy in the beginning, but now after seeing these pics, I'm thinking girl. :-)

And YAY for Anna!

Janna said...

Fun post! Whats with all the spotting?! Glad it stopped. You look so cute! Good job Anna!

Background