Monday, January 11, 2010

Hey, Wally, I've Got Your Number

Poor Anna. The past 48 hours have been rough on the little girl's chompers. On Saturday, Brice and I were sitting over the coffee table, playing Go Fish when Anna decided she wanted to check on the game. She pulled up on the table which she has done 45,874 other times in her life and her feet flew out from under her and she "ate" the table on her way down. AWFUL!!! The first thing I saw was the table...
...and then my mind could picture her mouth. If she did that to the coffee table then her two front teeth are either through her top lip or in her nose. I mean, seriously. I swooped her up, screaming, no doubt and took her to the kitchen where I thought for sure blood would be spewing. Nope. Not one drop. Teeth are perfectly in place without even being chipped. What does she have in that mouth of hers, diamonds??? I did have to remove a very small piece of the coffee table from her mouth. Nice.

So, we dosed her up with Tylenol like any good mommy/nurse would do and gave her some milk and she was good to go with a new nickname: Beaver. Thanks, Daddy.

Sunday, we wake up and do the breakfast thing. It is then time for her morning nap. I put her down without a peep. I tell Brice and Justin that I am getting in the shower. Ten minutes later, Brice shows up to tell me that Anna is screaming. Justin then comes in and says, "Please hurry, she is screaming like crazy.". So, I get out of the shower and go try and comfort her. I can't figure it out. Justin is sweet and lays on the couch with her and watches cartoons. She skips her morning nap. So, she is cranky come 12:30/1 and I decide to put her down early. She screams, we let her cry it out. An hour and a half later, she is screaming again. She is up for the afternoon. And, I notice she has another tooth coming in, maybe that explains it. Bed time rolls around (and I'm talking early here because we've had minimal napping). 6:15-bath, Tylenol, Orajel, book and bed. No crying. Success. Probably because she can't feel her vocal cords. Anywho, 11:11pm, a cry from the Beaver and a nudge from Justin. I go in to comfort her, she calms down, I give her some more Tylenol and rock her a few minutes. She is so sweet just sitting there curled up on my lap. So, all is well, I think. I put her back in the crib and the wailing begins!!!

Poor Anna.

I don't think so.

The Beav says, "Hey, Wally, I've got your number!!!".

We've been had, once again.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

LOL! It's amazing how smart they are! Poor Anna!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Yep...Abigail did that to us one night last week! They sure are smart for such little munchkins. My favorite quote is "a nudge from Justin." I LOL at that!!

Background