Friday, January 22, 2010

Tick Tock

For Christmas Brice received a watch from his Nana and Pa. He loves wearing it and has been sleeping in it lately. The purpose in getting him the watch was so that he would know what time it was when he woke up. The rule is to stay in your room until either you hear the bus go by (7am) or it is after 7:00am. Well, Brice has mastered how to read his watch and he tells me the time.

As. in. every. minute.

So, today we were getting ready to go see my Mom at work and have lunch with her. I told him we would leave around 11:00. This was at 9am. So, two hours of tick, tock. He starts by telling me each minute. We then get distracted by something Anna is playing with and five minutes pass.

"Mom, my watch went from 9:15 to 9:20. All of a sudden my watch time is going faster than it used to."

Mine too, buddy, mine too.

One of my previous coworkers used to always say, "The days are long but the years are short."

2 comments:

Katie and Dave said...

This is hysterical because Ben does pretty much the same thing. He doesn't have a watch, but a digital clock in his room and we tell him he can't get up until he sees the seven. He lays in his bed and yells- "SEVEN WHERE ARE YOU????RRRGHHHH????SEVEN?????"
I love when I read these blogs and see just how alike all our lives really are right now.
And PS YES you should give Anna a sister- GO FOR IT!

Jonathan said...

Tick tock Tick tock Hooks afraid of an old dead croc.

Background