Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Two Stories: Rocks in the Dryer and Signing Day

Rocks in the Dryer, literally. Last night before I got into bed, I switched Brice's laundry. I turned on the dryer and went to get ready for bed. Then Justin came to bed after checking on the kids. As we laid there, we heard loud clunking coming from the laundry room. I thought maybe Brice had something with zippers on it that was hitting the dryer. But it was really loud. I said, "What the heck is in that dryer that is so loud?"

Justin-"I don't know but it's annoying, why don't you go get it out?"

Me-"No, it's too cold and I'm already half asleep"

Justin-"Alright, it's driving me nuts, I'll go find it."

While, he goes to the laundry room, I start thinking that it must be either rocks or coins that Brice has put in his pocket to take to school to show his buddy Myles. I imagine Brice at school, pulling his prized possessions out of his pocket to show Myles. I bust out laughing. It was just so funny to me. Our little guy showing off his rocks! And then I hear Justin,

"Good Lord, no wonder this was so noisy!"
He comes back in the room, where it is dark and says, "Be still, I'm going to give you a hot stone massage with this boulder our child took to school!". We were both dying laughing.

Signing Day-Justin got up really early this morning. When I came down to get Anna's breakfast ready I asked him why he was up so early. He said, "I don't know, I just couldn't sleep".

Liar.

Then he grins and says "That and today is signing day". Seriously? You got up early for signing day? Wow. That is some love for football. All I have to say is after today and then Sunday (Super Bowl), football season is O.V.E.R.

Except that it's not. Because it's never over. If it's not the playing season, it's recruiting, or signing or spring practice or SOMETHING!!!!

Now, back to the laundry.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I feel your pain. My husband always feels the need to update me on who might be going where, even though I have no freakin clue who he's talking about.

Christine and Bob said...

I feel your pain. I always think I get my husband back after college football season, wrong. The off season is the worst part. He even talks to me when I am asleep. One time he woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me about the new recruits.
Thanks for your sweet words on my blog. I needed that!!

Kelly said...

Ha! When you said signing day, I thought you were talking about Brice's t-ball team. :-) I'm like "Oh! Did he get on the Blue Jays?"

Background